After Your Tan
- After your spray tan application, limit your activities and wear loose clothing (women try to go without a bra for the evening to avoid strap lines). Try not to engage in activities that will make you perspire or cause friction against your skin by your clothes.
- It's best not to shower, swim or sweat for at least 6 hours. Do not use soap or any beauty skin products for at least 12 hours (mascara, lipstick & hair beauty products are okay). If you have to go somewhere, simply 'rinse off' in the shower without soap, pat dry & do not shave or use moisturizing lotion. The longer you wait to shower, the more time the DHA has to absorb into your skin and the longer your tan will last. If you need to shower sooner than that, we recommend you get our RAPID TAN instead, which develops quicker, allowing you to shower in just 3 hours!
- Once you are ready to shower with a specially developed, post-spray tanning body wash, try to wait a day before shaving and avoid sponges, cloths or loofahs that will exfoliate the skin. When you shave, be sure to use conditioning shaving lotion or hair conditioner.
- Moisturize with one of our gentle, vitamin enriching post-spray tanning body lotions BEFORE you pat dry.
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize! Remember to moisturize at least one to two times daily to maintain the best result of a spray tan. Applying moisturizer at night before you go to bed offers the best result.
- If you wear perfume, spray it on your clothes, not directly on your skin. Perfume contains alcohol which will exfoliate your skin and could lead to blotchiness.